Friday, February 15, 2008

august and everything after


It was Valentine's Day yesterday, and for some reason I am picking this occasion to start posting again. At least, posting again once. Who knows if it'll continue. 

It was a long day today, but I am tired in a pleasant sort of way (and not trying to rhyme, really). It has been a long couple of months, but I am happy. And yeah.. there WAS growth. 

Anyway, I love Valentine's Day and always have. It's just a sweet day. All the way back to second grade when we decorated shoeboxes to bring in (I think I still have mine) to keep all our Valentines in, to taking part in friends' Valentines through the years (so sweet) to yesterday's beautiful bouquet of tulips and roses from SPHV (Super Punk Hooker Valentine) who I love so much it hurts, and heart-shaped container of my favorite chocolate (ferrero rocher) from Carson, my sweet little 3 year old friend. Awwww. Any day dedicated to love is all right with me. 

I am studying for midterms and applying for scholarship this weekend, and I am going to the beach in 2 weeks. Praise. God. I can't wait. Lazy drives on Gulf Blvd, sand, ocean, slurpees, books, sushi, cuban sandwiches in bathing suits, and fabulous boyfriend with his fabulous parents. Oh, joy, please come faster. 

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day! I hope yours was as good as mine. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yay! A post by Natalie! Lovely Valentine's Day it sounds like.

The Neeleys said...

what beautiful flowers! i'm glad you wrote, again, if even just for one time. and i am really so very jealous about all of the wonderfulness you will experience in just a short time in Florida. goodness.

-kristine