Monday, January 26, 2009

I love all things Spanish.

Seriously. I am fascinated by the culture. The food, the dark eyes and hair, the music, the language, the dancing. Oh, the dancing. The Y has a class called Zumba that is basically a cardio dance class, and tonight's was taught by a Brazilian woman. And I mean, I know it was an exercise class- but it was set to Latin music and most of it was variations on salsa dancing, with a little booty droppin' mixed in. I LOVED IT. There is nothing sexier (lightheartedly sexy, you understand... I am not trying to seduce the class) than Latin dancing, and nothing more fun. I will fo' sho' be going back.

I tried to get people to start going salsa dancing once a week last year, but it didn't really work out.. It's too far away, I think, which is too bad because it was so much fun.

I have also wanted to learn Spanish since the summer before my freshman year of college, but apparently never really put forth the effort.. I would really like to change that this year. I'd love to eventually be fluent.

I should've been born someplace with more flava. :)

Also, yes, hi, I am writing a blog. Maybe a lot of things will change this year...

No comments: