Friday, April 20, 2007

one of my old favorites

should i be bold enough to speak
in this moment
a reverent heart must surely be unbroken
with no regrets
should i be lost in forgetfulness, with no regrets
in my head, faithfully shed?
should i be rich, or poor and scattered
in my dreams?
why laud the failures that surround me?
live unguarded, with no regrets
should i be lost in forgetfulness, with no regrets
in my head, faithfully shed...

i'm free
from the worry
free from the dark that lives in me
free to embark on the passion You've favorably fashioned in me

no regrets, should i be
lost in forgetfulness
with no regrets in my head
faithfully shed

this morning was a lovely and much needed morning, and right now i am remembering, just remembering, everything that i love, the passions in my heart i did not create, the people that i love, the comraderie that we have ('comraderie' is one of my new favorite words), and the peace (in the midst of being mildly terrified) of doing what i need to do.

2 comments:

Sarah Gail said...

Nat, I'm sitting in the student center writing a paper. I just realized how much I miss you, and writing our papers together at McDougals. The best stuf was written there. Hope you are well.

The Neeleys said...

<3 it will be good. and i am thankful for you too, you think so deeply and passionately about life and are not afraid to share that with people like me. one day, we'll sit back and realize how necessary times are like these to value what is most dear to our hearts.