Thursday, April 19, 2007

things to love

right now.

-reading people's journals, feeling like i am getting some kind of inside info on what's going on in their lives
-sunshine and fair weather
-really, REALLY good books. good Lord.
-reconnecting with old friends
-measuring my worth by who made me alone, and then forgetting to think about my worth altogether and enjoying life.
-very cool temporary jobs and prospects
-new friends
-the uncertainty of my heart and adventure of following through.
-emails about Europe
-fitting into a hot dress that hasn't fit for a while
-breathing hard, pushing my muscles where they don't want to go and dripping sweat
-studying and learning all over again
-good food
-the approaching maytime and summer
-new music and good mix cds in the works
-my very rational, very fun, and very loving roommate who does not laugh at me when i am ridiculous, unless i need her to
-relearning the guitar
-rethinking what i thought and being able to separate reality from culture
-knowing i have done all i can do and the time for worrying and trying to fix is past
-daydreaming about fabulous adventures and a lifetime to have them in
-knowing i am making one of the overly happy posts that everybody hates, and i love it! ;)

mmmmmm. breathe deep the breath of God. (does anybody remember that song?)

2 comments:

Christine said...

I like reading about your thankfulness! Reminds me not to be grumpy today. I'll add a few...

* This delicious coffee I'm drinking
* Working from home so I can still be in my workout clothes
* Thinking about African mornings with y'all :)

Natalie Afton said...

African mornings.. oh, my Lord. Maybe some of the best mornings I have ever had. If I could wake that way every day..